Scala Big Data Engineer (Expert)
About the role
Would you like to wrangle terabytes of data in minutes using cutting-edge technologies? Would you like to join a team of talented and passionate Software Engineers? Developing your programming skills, building and maintaining data lakes, data platforms, and applications for various modern and highly-funded companies? Using FP and type safety to make sure your applications are correct and do that in a company developing Scala 3?
Whether you’re an expert, or you are a Scala developer who would like to get into Big Data or a Data Engineer who wants to learn more about Scala (or both!) then we are looking for someone just like you.
What we expect in general
- Able and eager to lead by example
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing scalable, distributed, highly available solutions
- Interest in solving challenging data engineering problems using state-of-the-art techniques
- Grounded knowledge and understanding of data structures, algorithms, and distributed computing
- Fluent with Scala and/or Spark
- A functional Programming mindset is nice to have
- Able to develop and maintain high-quality code
- Can communicate with the business using good English (both written and verbal)
- Experienced in using big data and cloud solutions (eg Hadoop, AWS, Azure)
- Has a deep understanding of data-intensive distributed systems
Seems lots of expectations, huh? Don’t worry! You don’t have to meet all the requirements. What matter the most is your passion and willingness to develop. Apply and find out!