Scala Big Data Engineer (Regular)
About the role
Would you like to wrangle terabytes of data in minutes using cutting-edge technologies? Would you like to join a team of talented and passionate Software Engineers? Developing your programming skills, building and maintaining data lakes, data platforms, and applications for various modern and highly-funded companies? Using FP and type safety to make sure your applications are correct and do that in a company developing Scala 3?
If you are a Scala developer who would like to get into Big Data or a Data Engineer who wants to learn more about Scala (or both!) then we are looking for someone just like you.
What we expect in general
- Team-player eager to learn and share, be open to new ideas and solutions
- Ambition and proactivity is a must – we work in greenfield areas for world-class companies
- Hands-on software engineer rather than a programmer
- Interest in solving interesting data engineering problems using state-of-the-art techniques
- Grounded knowledge and understanding of data structures, algorithms, and distributed computing
- Good grasp of Scala and/or Spark
- A functional Programming mindset is nice to have
- Able to develop and maintain high-quality code
- Can communicate with the business using good English (both written and verbal)
Seems lots of expectations, huh? Don’t worry! You don’t have to meet all the requirements. What matter the most is your passion and willingness to develop. Apply and find out!